​Subscribe to my quarterly newsletter for exclusive, behind the scene information on books, new releases, sales, and my life. PLUS you'll receive a FREE Fated Series novella

* indicates required

Beats and the Beast

It’s amazing, the power of music. It can pull a memory to the surface so refined you'd swear you could smell the odors that infused the moment. Music can trigger an emotional response or diffuse one.  I like to write with music in the background. I need something as I find silence distracting. The television will suffice in a pinch; but when I’m looking to procrastinate the boob tube is always an eager suitor. But music, ah, music I can choose to match the mood of the scene I’m writing or to match my own mood depending on what I need to get the job done.

Maggie O’Connell, the heroine in Fated Souls, loves her music too.  She prefers rock & roll and likes it loud and dirty.  She blasts the radio in her car; she sings along, off-key; and she downloads “shamelessly”, by her own admission. But Maggie pays karmic justice by buying over-priced ticket prices for all the concerts she attends; and a large part of her wardrobe is made up of the tour tee-shirts she’s collected over the years. In fact, she’s wearing a Buckcherry tee-shirt when she and Aidan have their very first argument.

Because I often included the music that set the scene for me in the scene itself, you could make a playlist to accompany Fated Souls if you were so moved.  

Tell me, how does music move you?

Fated Souls, being released April 15th by Crimson Romance. For more information go to http://www.crimsonromance.com/upcoming-releases-romance-ebook/fated-souls/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor of Love Blog Hop

#Hello2016 My Name is..

Rockin' Reads Blog Hop