​Subscribe to my quarterly newsletter for exclusive, behind the scene information on books, new releases, sales, and my life. PLUS you'll receive a FREE Fated Series novella

* indicates required

Clowns on a Ledge (could it BE any scarier)


I had to shut off social media in order to work today. Don’t get me wrong, social media is a God-send in a great many ways [honestly Fated Souls wouldn’t be coming out next month if not for Twitter] but it can easily become addictive. And I’m not immune. Which I think is oddly funny as I’ll need to socially media my ass off over the upcoming weeks as I’m plugging my book.

My editor told my yesterday that it is time to start working on publicity for my book release because April 15th is going to be here before I know it. Now social media is going to be a driving force behind that and I have a pre-existing, if modest, presence on Twitter and Facebook, and my blog; that is a good start. But I also have to consider reaching out to reviewers, media outlets and other bloggers. Okay, now we’ve entered the realm of Becky’s own personal hell. I’m terrified of clowns, heights and public humiliation [I toss public speaking in with public humiliation since it’s a cause & effect thing for me].

If I must choose a fear to overcome, I guess I should face the one that is relevant to my current situation. As I don’t see any clowns nearby [thank God] and I’m not staring down any life or death situations that would require scaling a tall building or crossing a ridiculously rickety bridge, publicity it is. This is good. I feel good. I’ve made a mature, responsible decision that benefits the pursuit of my dream and I’m going to confront a childish phobia of rejection and humiliation in the process.

If anyone is looking for me, I’ll be hiding in the corner. Thanks and have a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor of Love Blog Hop

#Hello2016 My Name is..

Rockin' Reads Blog Hop