​Subscribe to my quarterly newsletter for exclusive, behind the scene information on books, new releases, sales, and my life. PLUS you'll receive a FREE Fated Series novella

* indicates required

*RELEASE* In the Shadow of Vengeance



Nancy:  I can’t thank you enough for having me on the release day for In the Shadow of Vengeance.

Becky: Nancy, it’s my pleasure. So, In the Shadow of Vengeance is the last book in the series. That story must have been a little bitter sweet to write.
Nancy: I loved writing Noah McNeil and Elizabeth Merlots story. But…typing The End to In the Shadow of Vengeance, and sending it to my publisher was very hard. I wanted to turn back the clock and start all over again. Now that it’s a reality, I want to share it everywhere because I just love this story and all the characters. In fact, I brought along with me a special guest.  I thought your readers might like to meet a very important character of my In the Shadow series, Noah McNeil’s twin brother, Jared McNeil. He has agreed to answer a couple questions about Noah.   

Becky: Ladies and gents, I have to say it is a real treat to meet Jared. Talk about tall-dark-drop-dead-sexy and gorgeous. Sorry…I made him blush.
A little bit of background: Jared and his love, Jenny, are featured in the first book in the series, In the Shadow of Evil. Jared, thank you for coming.

Jared: It’s nice to be here. Noah will want to kill me for talking about him, but that’s half the fun. Noah gave me such a hard time for falling in love with someone from a case. Now he has gone and done the same thing by falling for Elizabeth Merlot.

Becky: So how did Noah meet Elizabeth Merlot?

Jared: That is not an easy question to answer.

[The smile in Jared’s eyes has disappeared and he has become very uncomfortable.]

Nancy: Maybe I should answer that question. In the Shadow of Vengeance is connected to In the Shadow of Evil in that the trauma that occurs in Evil is still an open wound in Vengeance.  Jared and Jennie were hounded by a man I can only describe as pure evil, Elías Mendoza.  It’s hard to tell you much about the plot without spoiling the story for those who haven’t had a chance to read it yet. One spoiler that’s not too hard to spill is that Elizabeth’s son, Danny was kidnapped by Mendoza. Noah ended up getting taken by Mendoza as well. Danny and Noah were then used as leverage against Jennie and Jared. It was a very frightening situation.


Jared: And when it was all over, a bond formed between Noah and Danny. He kind of became the kid’s big brother.

Becky: So Danny and Noah’s friendship brought him together with Elizabeth?

Jared: No! My brother can be a real moron without even trying. From the moment they met, there was such crazy attraction between them you could almost see sparks fly. But Noah was too stupid and stubborn to ask Elizabeth out.

Becky: Why?

Jared: Noah has this thing about secrets and lies. Elizabeth had more secrets than the day is long. Noah may have been attracted to her, but he sure the hell didn’t trust her. I don’t want to give anything away, but they had to go through a lot of crap before they both lowered their walls. It was hard to watch and I never felt so helpless.

Becky: But In the Shadow of Vengeance has a happy ending, right?

Nancy and Jared: Absolutely!

Jared: Maybe we should have said, “You will have to read it to find out”.

Nancy: I write novels filled with a balance of gripping excitement, intrigue and heartwarming romances that will take your emotions on an incredible roller coaster ride. Sometimes you may even find a hint of the paranormal, but what you can always count on is a happy-ever-after.

Becky: Nancy’s books have wonderful endings. So, one more question for Nancy. How do my readers find more about your books?

Nancy: For a peek at the first four books in the In the Shadow series, your readers can visit my WEBSITE and enjoy the first three chapters of each book free.
Becky: Since In the Shadow of Vengeance is the last book in your series, should my readers read the 5 books in order?
Nancy: Each book in the series is a stand-alone novel and they don’t have to be read in order. With that said, I think readers will have a much richer understanding of In the Shadow of Vengeance if they read In the Shadow of Evil first -- where the series began. And wonderful news!! In the Shadow of Evil has been placed on sale for only 99 cents from 12/22 to 12/29!!

Nancy: I have a question I would like to ask your readers. I’m planning out my next project and I was wondering:

Do you prefer single titles or series?

Jared: If your readers leave a comment, they will be entered into a drawing and I’ll send them either a digital copy of my happy-ever-after with my beautiful, amazing Jennie, In the Shadow of Evil or they can choose any of the other four books about my brothers.

Becky: Well, thank you both for coming! It’s been a blast and I hate that our time has run out. If any readers would like to read the blurb and an excerpt for In the Shadow of Vengeance, it is copied below.

Nancy: Becky, you are awesome and I love visiting your blog. Thanks again for hosting me.

 
Here is a brief blurb from In the Shadow of Vengeance: 
Detective Noah McNeil has his cases under control, but the same can't be said for his personal life in Fells Point, Maryland. Elizabeth Merlot, the mother of a troubled teen Noah is mentoring, is freezing him out of the family's lives - especially criminal given how hot this single mom is. 

Elizabeth Merlot can't afford to let the handsome detective close to her son lest he discover she's in the witness protection program. Until the day, that is, when the teen tries to fend off a gang attack and her entire world of secrets begins to crumble - and Noah may be the only one who can save their lives. Don't miss this exciting conclusion to the McNeil family saga!
 

Nancy: Here is an excerpt I thought you might enjoy from In the Shadow of Vengeance. My nasty villains weren’t the only thing keeping these two apart. Enjoy!
 
“What other man hurt you?”

This time Elizabeth was the one who stepped back. Shit. Of course Noah would pick up on that. Her life was a lie, and she hated how it turned her into a quick-thinking liar.

“There isn’t another man. I don’t know what Danny is talking about. Unless it’s Mendoza—”

“Elías Mendoza will die in the hole we put him in.” Noah’s voice went deep as every muscle in his body tensed.

Elizabeth swallowed. Everything about the man’s demeanor changed in that instant. And her instincts might have been defective when it came to relationships, but they were spot on in other areas. Detective Noah McNeil could be charming; fun-loving, even; but underneath all that charisma was a dangerous man. She needed to remember this moment.

She walked toward the door, almost surprised her knees didn’t tremble out from under her, and pulled it open. “I’ll get you that name.”

Noah moved into the small foyer, clutching the paper bag. His dark blue irises bored into hers with a mixture of irritation, confusion, and something she almost didn’t recognize: desire.

He took a step into her personal space. She held herself perfectly still. When he finally spoke, his deep baritone voice oozed sex and a slight hint of malice.

“I get you don’t like me. I can even understand why you don’t want any McNeil near Danny.”

“I don’t blame you for what happened to Danny.”

He slowly moved his hand up to her face and brushed a strand of hair back behind her ear. The simple touch sent an electric jolt through her, but she held her stance. Damn. She needed to stop staring at his mouth and wondering what those full lips felt like—tasted like.

“Yeah, you do. Don’t lie to me, Elizabeth. I don’t deserve that.”

“I’m not lying—”

Noah’s fingers pressed gently over her lips. “My superpower is I’m a human lie detector. I don’t care if you don’t like me or trust me. Don’t lie to me.”

She knocked his hand from her face. She had to pin her arms to her side to keep from shoving the damn stubborn man down her steps. “You’re right. I don’t trust you and I don’t want you near my son. And that has nothing to do with what happened. I just don’t like you.”

Noah let out a forced laugh and then reached for his wallet. Pulling out a card, he pressed it in her hand. “That was honest, and for the record, the feeling is mutual. But I do like your kids.”

He eased past her. On the first step, he turned and placed his hand flat on the door, keeping it from closing. “This isn’t going away. If you don’t want my help, then reach out to someone.”

“I don’t need—”

“It’s not a dream, Elizabeth. It’s a warning. Listen to Danny.”
 
♥  ♥  ♥  ♥
 
More information about Nancy C. Weeks:
Nancy lives in suburban Maryland with her husband of more than thirty years. With her two grown children out of the nest, she loves spending her days on her deck writing as the local bird population keeps her company.
Buy links:

AMAZON | B&N | ITUNES | GOOGLE PLAY

Find Nancy at:

Comments

  1. Hi Becky!
    Thanks so much for hosting me today. Have I told you how awesome you are? Just in case you have forgotten, here it is one more time. YOU'RE FREAK'N AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor of Love Blog Hop

#Hello2016 My Name is..

Rockin' Reads Blog Hop