​Subscribe to my quarterly newsletter for exclusive, behind the scene information on books, new releases, sales, and my life. PLUS you'll receive a FREE Fated Series novella

* indicates required

Willpower, Where are You?

It’s that time of the year!  I don’t necessarily mean for the gift-giving, merry wishes, and days off from work – though all of that is good, too.  No. I mean, it’s that time of year when food is everywhere!  Ever notice this?  With the parties, the holiday dinners, the cookie baking, and the influx of food gifts in the office, there’s no escape.  I can tell myself, “you’ll regret it, girl,” but we all know that’s more foreshadowing than an effective warning.

Sometimes I wish I were more like my character, Rachel, in Her Everything.  The woman eats like one berry in the entire story.  I hadn’t planned it that way, but she turned out to be very busy <wink>.  LOL. 
 
 
Seriously, though, despite my griping over how my pants will become a little tighter during the following weeks, there are some foods that I do look forward to, and only have them during the holiday season. 

·         Eggnog.  I have this weird thing about eggnog.  I literally have one glass a year.  One, you read that correctly.  Seems each year it appeals to me the first time I see it, then I have a glass and I’m over it.  Not because I didn’t like it, but just had that temptation satisfied.  Wish I felt that way about chocolate! 

·         Pecan Sandies, or some may call them snowballs.  The round cookies with bits of pecans, covered in powdered sugar.  Sure, their available all year long, but this is when my mom makes them – and everyone knows nothing competes with a mom’s classics. 

·         Fudge.  Again, you can technically get this anytime, but this is when I make my special Andes Crème de Menthe fudge and on my goodness is it good!  Basically it’s a standard fudge recipe – but replace about a half cup of chocolate chips with broken/chopped pieces of the mints. 

·         Ham.  I’m not a big fan of turkey. You’d find my Thanksgiving plate mostly filled with the side dishes, so for Christmas it’s all about the fresh ham.  Can’t wait to smell this roasting this year! 

The food is inevitable, but I will go into the holidays with the best of intentions.  I’d love to hear some of your favorites, too.

Thank you for stopping by, I wish you Happy Holidays!

If you happen to be looking for a quick read to unwind from the shopping, baking, and visiting over the holidays, perhaps you’d be interested in Her Everything.  Here’s a little bit about the story: 

Blurb: 

Rachel Turner made a mistake—a couple, in fact.  Ruining a surprise meeting with the front man to her favorite band is just the beginning.  But agreeing to switch places with her famous sister may spell the end of both of their careers. With rumors flying and an unexpected invitation from Madame Eve, Rachel hopes she can put the mistakes behind her. 

Attending an event to support a charity close to his heart, Mark Travis wasn’t looking for love, or even company—and definitely not with a fan.  But when he puts in a hasty bid at a silent auction and wins the services of 1Night Stand, Madame Eve has something different in mind.  A single evening with a woman she claims can fulfill his needs.  But one night might not be enough. 

Come morning, will Mark and Rachel’s unexpected one-night stand give them more than they bargained for? 

Book Links: 





Kobo 

Author Bio: 

Tara Andrews divides her time between a full-time job as an office manager, an even more full-time job as a wife and mother, and her dream job as a romance author.  An avid reader and writer, Tara continuously seeks to hone her craft in order to provide readers with stories that are provocative yet romantic. 

Tara lives in upstate New York with her wonderful husband and two fabulous children. 

Author Links:  


You can also sign up for my newsletter.


 

I’ll be conducting periodic giveaways, too!
 


Twitter: @tara_andrews1 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor of Love Blog Hop

#Hello2016 My Name is..

Rockin' Reads Blog Hop