​Subscribe to my quarterly newsletter for exclusive, behind the scene information on books, new releases, sales, and my life. PLUS you'll receive a FREE Fated Series novella

* indicates required

Be a Hero - Send a Daisy

My oldest daughter was gravely ill as an infant, having contracted Pertussis (Whopping Cough) before she was old enough to receive the vaccine. She spent close to a month in the ICU and there were times the medical staff advised me that they didn’t expect her to survive the ordeal. But survive she did!
 
She was left with a variety of respiratory issues that meant we spent a lot of time in hospitals during her childhood. Although none were as terrifying as the first experience that she, thankfully, doesn’t remember, they all sucked. The only thing worse than a sick child in pain is a bored, unhappy, sick child in pain. I spent many hours creating ways to make my little girl smile.

When I saw that Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (“CHOP”) had created a program for the delivery of a daisy with a personal message to their pediatric cancer patients, I jumped on the chance to cheer up one of these brave kids.


It’s free. It’s fast. But most of all it is worthwhile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor of Love Blog Hop

#Hello2016 My Name is..

Rockin' Reads Blog Hop