​Subscribe to my quarterly newsletter for exclusive, behind the scene information on books, new releases, sales, and my life. PLUS you'll receive a FREE Fated Series novella

* indicates required

Wealth

Like so many other people out there today I tend forget to appreciate what I have. But when I remember, like now, there's no better feeling than knowing that I am lucky enough to be surrounded by people that I love but better, that love me too. Wealth is not about the house you live in, the car you drive or the balance in your checkbook. Its not about how many friends you have or how important you are. It's not even adequately measured by the amount of people you love. True wealth is measured by the number of people that love you.

That's what life is all about. Take any individual and look at their lives. None of the outside trappings normally associated with wealth or poverty have anything to do with their happiness. A poor honest man who works tirelessly just to provide basic human necessities can be abundantly happy surrounded by the people that love him. Meanwhile, a dishonest but wealthy CEO of some mega-corporation can be miserably alone. It's not enough to be successful, you have to be loved to quantify your own worth.

You'll find the occasional dirtbag who is lucky enough to find the rare individual that loves them, but it won't last. Said dirtbag, unaware of his worth and therefore not valuing the worth of the person that loves him/her will destroy that fragile bond, carelessly and indifferently. Someone who is honest, or at least attempts to be, careful and considerate of those around him/her that chose to grace them with their affection, will find himself surrounded with love and immeasurable success.

What you have is not as important as how much love you have. And being aware of that love and treating it right is the key to a wealthy existence.

Considering this things to be true, which I do, I'm going to take a second to peruse my financial portfolio.....

To my children, my partner, my parents, my brothers, my extended family, my friends and the children I've watched grow:

I love you all. Thank you for making me so rich.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor of Love Blog Hop

#Hello2016 My Name is..

Rockin' Reads Blog Hop