​Subscribe to my quarterly newsletter for exclusive, behind the scene information on books, new releases, sales, and my life. PLUS you'll receive a FREE Fated Series novella

* indicates required

Are all writers sissies?

I got published, major step right there, huge deal, awesome deal. Decided on the flush of victory I was going to start sending out my full length novel to some agents. Meanwhile, back at the farm, I start working on my 2011 JulNoWriMo. But I've had my first rejection from the first agent. I'd told myself to expect it but, as silly as I know it to be, I was disappointed and now I'm wondering if I should even bother. The editor that published the erotic novella was interested in seeing more, why not stick with what I know works rather than try for something new. Let's face it that's why it took this long to get published in the first place. Self-defeating sissy crap like that, is how I talk myself out of taking risks.


 

So are all writers sissies… or is it just me? J

Comments

  1. No, not all writers are sissies. You are a darn good writer. I can remember how impressed I was of a young girl who loved to read. She read well, and often. It is no wonder that this same little girl is a gifted writer. Do not give up on your dream. Many success stories start with many rejections. Persistence is key. I know you will make it. Keep pushing!

    Theresa Johnson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Labor of Love Blog Hop

#Hello2016 My Name is..

Rockin' Reads Blog Hop