​Subscribe to my quarterly newsletter for exclusive, behind the scene information on books, new releases, sales, and my life. PLUS you'll receive a FREE Fated Series novella

* indicates required

Goosebumps

How do you know you’ve made it as a writer? Is it the “phone call” or in this modern era the “email” from a publisher after countless rejections? Is that first check? Or could it be your initial royalty statement perhaps? Have you ever been asked to sign a book? How magical was the moment when you held your book in your hand for the first time? Or downloaded it to your e-reader and saw your name placed alphabetically between two of your favorite authors? Maybe it’s your first review or your first bad review that made you feel like you’d made it. Or the flowers your parents sent you even though they were embarrassed by the subject matter.

I had every one of those singular moments when my first novella was published two years ago. Yet it wasn’t even remotely close to the euphoria I experienced when I found out Fated Souls was getting published. This was different for me. Maybe because it's full length; maybe because I lived with these characters and this story for years and they've become so important to me; maybe because it was something that wouldn't embarrass my parents or my kids; or maybe it is because in a few months the book will be available in print and I'll be able to hold a paperback book in my hands with my name on the cover! I'm thinking it's that last possibility - as while typing it I got goosebumps. :)

Regardless, I hope the experience never gets old. I truly hope that each time, assuming there are more (fingers crossed*), is as uniquely euphoric an experience as the first. I never want to take it for granted.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

* As a result of a Twitter Pitch event last week, Carina Press requested a manuscript. Keeping all non-typing essential digits crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor of Love Blog Hop

#Hello2016 My Name is..

Rockin' Reads Blog Hop